Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl; Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
ADD YOUR TEXT HERE.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Review: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Siege and Storm 
(The Grisha # 2)
by Leigh Bardugo
Format: Hardcover (432 pages)
Published:  June 4th 2013 by Henry Holt and Co.
Source: Bought Myself

 Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.



Review:
First of all I have to say this book makes for a great sequel in this trilogy. It diffidently did not disappoint.  The beginning and end of this book have to be the most exciting parts though. The middle was slower but it wasn't boring. I actually found the middle to be interesting with all of the political talk.

The setting of this book explores past Ravka across the true sea. Into a land called Eames Chin, I enjoyed that the world is getting bigger.

 I loved the new characters introduced in this book. Nickoli was fun and really brightened up the book a lot through out it. I enjoyed his banter with both Alina and Mal, it was very enjoyable for me to read. The twins Tamar and Tolya I found to be very interesting, they made me want to read more to find out more about them.

Alina and Mal's relationship was very roller coaster in this book. I was sent for a loop though because now I do care for Mal more through out this book. I still feel like she should be with the Darkling, although he might be evil it seems like he cares for her the most. I'm not sure why but I just want them together!

With the constant threat of the Darkling appearing and killing everyone diffidently helped me  to keep on reading. I enjoyed his new found power and thought it suited him well. It really shows you how evil he can be and that you should not take him lightly. While something else I enjoyed was David helping Alina expanding her powers. I liked that the fabrikators work was shown more in this book then before.

I really didn't want to finish this book because I was afraid of what was going to happen at the end of it. All I have to say is that I can't wait to see where Alina's journey goes from her in the next book!


I gave this book 5 out of 5 bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment