Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl; Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
ADD YOUR TEXT HERE.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Review: Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

 Masque of the Red Death
(Masque of the Red Death #1)
by Bethany Griffin
Edition: Hardcover (319 Pages)
Published: April 24th 2012 by Greenwillow Books
Source: Bought Myself
GoodReads Page

Everything is in ruins.
A devastating plague has decimated the population, and those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles around them.
So what does Araby Worth have to live for?
Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery makeup . . . and tantalizing ways to forget it all.
But in the depths of the club,in the depths of her own despair. Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club, and Elliott, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does.
And Araby may find not just something to live for, but something to fight for, no matter what it costs her.



Review:

Well now this book is different than the ones I have been reading lately in the best way possible. I have to say this diffidently a darker read. I really loved this book I honestly couldn't put it down. I got really pulled into this book from the very beginning.

The setting for this book takes place in a city, separated by the rich from the poor. For good reason, there is a airborne plague about. This city is ruled by a prince who lives outside of it, he doesn't care for the city or the people who live inside of it.

The main character is a girl named Araby, shes having a hard time with life ever since she lost her twin brother Finn. She goes out to the clubs and does drugs to sooth away horrific memories. Besides that she is brave and caring, I would say maybe she cares a little to easily. She feels bad for people who can't afford masks or food. She lives in the rich side of town because her father discovered the masks that keep you from catching the cognition.

Of course theirs the charming "bouncer" guy with tattoos, his name is Will. Will isn't rich and has to work to barely keep food on the table for his little sister and brother. He is attracted to girls like Araby with their crazy hair colors and depressed moods. Araby of course finds Will to be very handsome. Shes promised her brother Finn that she wouldn't experience anything that he would never get to do. So she has never kissed a boy, anyways. Her and will are awkward at first but he ends up really caring for her and wanting to protect her. I would say that I liked his character from the beginning of the book.

But then come mysterious Elliot, he is a really tough character. He doesn't seem to care much for life that is until you find out that he is the Prince's nephew. He and Araby also have a romantic thing going on. They are way different than Araby and Will though. Elliot isn't afraid to put Araby in harms way and often seems like he doesn't care a lot. I found that I didn't really like him at first but then I found myself liking him more and more. I would still have to say I'm on Team Will though.

Another important charter in this book is Araby's bestfriend April. Also she is Elliot's sister so she has her issues with Araby and Elliot.She is the one who cares about fashion and what her and Araby look like even during a plague outbreak. She brings Araby to all the clubs so that way she can meet up with guys. She seems to care a lot about Araby with the decisions she makes. I found April to be rather enjoyable I thought she was fun character and she is rather important to the storyline.

I found this book to be a must read. I also loved the world and how gothic everything was. I would say that if you haven't read this book yet then you need to pick it up sometime.I also can't wait to start reading on the second book because I need to see what will happen next.





I gave this book 5 out of 5 bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment