Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl; Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
ADD YOUR TEXT HERE.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review: Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

Darkness Becomes Her
(Gods and Monsters #1)
by Kelly Keaton
Published: February 22nd 2011 by Simon Pulse
Edition: Ebook
Source: Pulseit free book for the new year 

 Ari can’t help feeling lost and alone. With teal eyes and freakish silver hair that can’t be changed or destroyed, Ari has always stood out. And after growing up in foster care, she longs for some understanding of where she came from and who she is.

Her search for answers uncovers a message from her long dead mother: Run. Ari can sense that someone, or something, is getting closer than they should. But it’s impossible to protect herself when she doesn’t know what she’s running from or why she is being pursued.

She knows only one thing: she must return to her birthplace of New 2, the lush rebuilt city of New Orleans. Upon arriving, she discovers that New 2 is very...different. Here, Ari is seemingly normal. But every creature she encounters, no matter how deadly or horrifying, is afraid of her.

Ari won’t stop until she knows why. But some truths are too haunting, too terrifying, to ever be revealed.


Review:
( Although I got to read this book for free my review is still 100% honest)

The beginning of this book seemed to be very fast paced. There was not much time wasted developing the plot of the story. You kind of just jumped straight into it with this book.

I was very curious about New 2, when Ari was exploring it. I thought it was a great place for the setting of this story. There was something mysterious about it, I loved that it also had paranormal people living within it.

 I found Ari to be very likeable especially since she could handle her own in fight. I love the way she looks too, although she might hate it, I loved her silver hair. At first I was confused trying to figure out what her curse might be through at least half of the book, I just wanted to know! I also enjoyed Violet, a little girl in New 2, she was very cute and fun in a creepy gothic doll kind of way.

Ari and Sebastian happened really fast, but that is also the pace of the book. They didn't have a lot of time to develop feelings for each other. I did enjoy them together though. There was a feeling of just her being safe with him that also helped me continue reading the book.

So this book has vampires, witches/warlocks, shape shifters and then .... greek mythology ! I was very surprised when you find out that there is a greek mythology spin to this book. As soon as I found out about this within the book I was sucked in. It had all my favorite things bundled up into one.

Well this book was a lot better then I thought it would be when I jumped into it. I actually really enjoyed it. It was very fast paced so it wasn't boring at all. I read this book within 24 hours and it was my last book of 2013. 





I rated this book 4 out of 5 bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment