Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl; Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
ADD YOUR TEXT HERE.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer


Scarlet 
(The Lunar Chronicles #2)
by Marissa Meyer
Edition: Hardcover (454 Pages)
Published: February 5th 2013 by Feiwel and Friends
Source: Bought Myself
GoodReads Page

 The fates of Cinder and Scarlet collide as a Lunar threat spreads across the Earth...

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner


Review:

I cannot believe this book! I can easily say that this book is better than the first one. But that is just crazy talk because I loved the first one right? Well its not just crazy talk I loved this one more.

This book is told in different perspectives of Scarlet, Cinder, Kai and even Queen Levana herself. I found this book being a fun read switching between two stories at once. What was going on with Cinder and then switching over to Scarlet. It was really well done and I thought it made the story more complex.

This book takes place more outside of the eastern commonwealth that you get introduced to in the first book. You get to learn more about Europe and particularly Paris which is  were a majority of Scarlet's story takes place. I enjoyed the fact the this world expands further than the first book which is what a good second book is suppose to do.

I found myself really enjoying Scarlet's character I thought she was very carefree in the way she makes decisions. She just wants to do anything to help her grandmother. Speaking of her grandmother, I really loved how complex the story goes with hiding Cinder.

Scarlet and Wolf well their relationship happens really fast less than a week. I still loved it though, usually I'm not very impressed with the lovesick puppies story but this one was way different. I loved how mushy they were at the end ♥. They have a pretty crazy story together full of secrets and betrayal. Which really shocked me because I do really love Wolf's character (Z). Yea his main story is told in the Queen's Army by Marissa Meyer. I can not tell you how much I loved the fact that novella puts such a good background story with this one character in a book. Wow.

Another new character who needs some mention since you meet him at the very beginning is Throne. He is a very fun character, he thinks hes a ladies man and isn't afraid to flirt with any of them. I found his character to be very amusing and I think he helped me keep reading as well.

The story for this book was more than I expected. Yes its a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, but besides that story the one about the Wolf Pack. Yes I really enjoyed that section of the book a lot because of how intense and gruesome it was. It was a very big surprise and I would have to say that part alone is worth the read.

All I have to say for this book is that if you haven't read this after Cinder then you need to jump on it. Also why can't have the next book now! I wouldn't say it ends with a cliffhanger but it makes you want to read the next one.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 bats. (I would have gave it more if I could handle that many bats.)

No comments:

Post a Comment