Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl; Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
ADD YOUR TEXT HERE.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Review : Archon by Sabrina Benulis

Archon
(The Books of Raziel #1)
by Sabrina Benulis
Published December 27th 2011 by Harper Voyager
Edition: Hardcover (385 pgs)
Source: Bought Myself

 Angela Mathers is obsessed with visions of angels, supernatural creatures who haunt her thoughts by day and seduce her dreams by night. Released from a mental institution, she hopes her new university, West Wood Academy, will give her the chance at a normal life.

But such is not to be. . . . For a secret coven plots within West Wood, and demons and angels alike walk the streets of Luz, searching for the key to open Raziel's book--a secret tome from a lost archangel. Some wish to destroy Raziel, others, like the Supernal Israfel, one of the highest of the high, to free him. For when the Archon rises as foretold, they will control the supernatural universe.

Torn between mortal love and angelic obsession, Angela holds the key to both Heaven and Hell, and both will stop at nothing to possess her. . .

Review: 
When I first read the synopsis I knew I had to read this book. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down because how curious I was to figure out what was going on in this book. Angela intrigued me by the way she wanted death but couldn't achieve it  no matter how hard she tried. From there on I was hooked to figure out why. 

  I thought all the characters were described so well throughout this book. It was easy for me to imagine them and this made keeping track of the characters easier for me. There was at least 10 characters you have to keep track of so it really did help.

Through out the whole book your trying to figure out if Angela or Stephanie is the Archon aka The Ruin. I found this made me want to read more, as well, not knowing if our main character was Raziel reborn. If she had to power to fight the devil, Lucifel. 

I really enjoyed the demon concept in this world it was more than I expected. Like I said before all the descriptive writing in this book just made it such a good read.
“There is not much difference between angels and demons.Except that the demons have stopped pretending to be perfect.”
Sabrina Benulis 
The angels in this book were deadly and just as threatening as the demons were. Even though they might have looked peaceful you find out otherwise.

 The ending of this book made me want to continue the journey of Angela, which means its good ending for the next book. Which luckily comes out this year 2014, hopefully.

 I'm not very big into reading  Angel and Demon books, this being my first one, but I gotta say I loved it. Now I want to start reading them more thanks to this book.




I gave this book 5 out of 5 bats . 




No comments:

Post a Comment