Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl; Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
ADD YOUR TEXT HERE.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Review: Thirst by Claire Farrell

 Thirst
(Ava Delany #1)
by Claire Farrell
Edition: Ebook (154 Pages)
Published: November 28th 2010
Source: Amazon
GoodReads Page
 
Ava Delaney calls herself a hybrid - a living, breathing human who happens to have vampire poison running through her veins. The only thing greater than her thirst for human blood is her capacity for guilt. She does her best to avoid the human world, for everyone's sake.

When Ava accidentally enslaves a human while saving him from a vampire, she realises she has to look for help setting him free. Despite her misgivings, she expands her world but finds herself dragged into a possible vampire civil war. With the help of some new friends with ambiguous loyalties, she tries to find a way to keep her human, and herself, alive.

 

Review:
 (Although I got to read this book for free my review is still 100% honest.)

I'm actually surprised I enjoyed this book as much I did. The storyline of this book is actually what intrigued me to read it. I'm glad that I finally did, because I would say it was worth it. Its a really quick and fun read.

The main character is Ava shes a human but has vampire poison running through her veins. Now she didn't choose to be this way she born like this. She avoids humans and vampires all together as much as she can. I found her character to be amusing with how she doesn't understand a lot about herself let alone other vampires. She only knows what she has read from books, which I guess is what we all really only know. I really like the fact that within this book she really was having problems with feeding and how it is morally wrong.

Well Ava accidentally thralls a guy to obey her every command. Carl I think was almost robot like within most of this book. He of course was just obeying everything Ava told him. I feel like his character is mostly just there. Yea he helps Ava when things go wrong but other than that I find him rather boring. Even when he eventually gets released from her hes still rather boring.

Then Ava goes to Peter for help, which I found their meeting to be very amusing. Peter hates vampires hes been hunting them for the last eight years. So I'm sure you could imagine what happens when Ava comes knocking at his door for help. Peters character was pretty important to the whole storyline. I think he really helped the conversations within this book to be more interesting. I enjoyed his character more than I would say for Carl.

Within this world of feuding vampire clans, theirs Ava just trying to get by. Of course she doesn't go unnoticed by these clans. So that is really were the plot really thickens. I think that this world was pretty well written it wasn't super descriptive or anything but you got the jest of it. I would say that if you wanted to give this book a try, don't take it to seriously and go into it with an open mind. I thought this was a fun quick read that would be for someone in a reading slump.




I gave this book 3 out of 5 bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment