Currently Reading: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl; Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
ADD YOUR TEXT HERE.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Review: Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

Dance of the Red Death 
(Masque of the Red Death #2)
by Bethany Griffin
Format: Hardcover (327 Pages)
Published: June 11th 2013 by Greenwillow Books
Source: Bought Myself
GoodReads Page

 Bethany Griffin continues the journey of Araby Worth in Dance of the Red Death—the sequel to her teen novel Masque of the Red Death.

In Dance of the Red Death, Araby’s world is in shambles—betrayal, death, disease, and evil forces surround her. She has no one to trust. But she finds herself and discovers that she will fight for the people she loves, and for her city.

Her revenge will take place at the menacing masked ball, though it could destroy her and everyone she loves…or it could turn her into a hero.

With a nod to Edgar Allan Poe, Bethany Griffin concludes her tragic and mysterious Red Death series with a heroine that young adult readers will never forget.


 Review:

This book turned out to be a good sequel to the first. I was rather surprised that it was almost like reading the same book. I think the two of them should have been put together to form one. Anyways this book has lots of surprises within it.

I found this book to have more violence than the first one. It also had a lot more of the characters trying to work to rebuild their city. Compared to Araby worrying so much about the two men in her life. I found Araby being a lot stronger in this book than the last. She wanted to do things by herself and didn't want Will or Elliot to help her.

Of course because of the events that happened at the end of Masque of the Red Death their was not as much Will through out this book. He mostly just followed Elliot and Araby around doing whatever Elliot asked. This of course made me not happy. I was really hoping the Will and Araby would be together but I understand their situation. Within in this book you find out how twisted Elliot really is. I was rather surprised by him in this book it made me glad that I was on team Will to begin with.

During Dance of the Red Death I really started hating the Prince more and more. He really is a ruthless leader and finds torturing people to be entertainment. To put it frankly he is crazy. Of course he really isn't the only crazy person in this world. I found it interesting that he wanted to help destroy the city the he ruled over and also was to afraid to go in to it. Although he invited people from the city into his castle for a masqueraded ball for the purpose of torturing Araby.

I really didn't want this book to end. I almost wish that this book was longer because I feel like the ending was a little rushed. I didn't really like the end, I wish that it showed more of the lives of the characters after the events that happen. Besides that it was a entertaining read, I found it hard to put it down a lot of the time. It is diffidently worth a read if you don't already want to read it because of the end of Masque of the Red Death.



I gave this book 4.5 out 5 bats.

No comments:

Post a Comment